the book



Turned Out


Maya Villiger is the queen of scrapbooking. These are two collages she has put together from the notorious Phoebe Philo Celine inspiration books, compiled before each show and placed on the seats for all to devour in awe. Maya highlighted her love for the current collection through these specific images - bare feet, wet hair, running naked down a beach, vintage camel ads,  summer sun-drenched limbs, lots of white. In this suddenly hot, suddenly summer weather they are extremely inspiring, conjuring up ideas of Bianca Jagger 70s pantsuits and a disco-jiving tanned limb kind of heat. I've always, always wanted to get my hands on a Celine scrapbook. The Sartorialist had a half-baked idea of giving a couple from the last collection away, but I don't think anything came of them. I've even searched on ebay - to no avail, no surprise - for one. I'm hoping that one day in my fabulous future I'll have a whole collection of them, picked up from my own seat when I'm writing reviews at my glorious job for a fashion magazine. But until then, it's up to Maya to share the love with me.

And she does it so well.

X
You have read this article with the title the book. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/11/the-book.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...