quiz me

jak and jil photo of maya villiger (of turned out)'s collage skills

The lovely Robin from En Voyage tagged me in the "i love your blog" quiz. Her blog is such a lovely little collage of all things french, fun and fabulous. It is a joy to read!
The rules of the prize are:
- Do an entry with the prize.
- Answer the questions.
- Give the prize to 10 blogs.
Questions:


1. Why did you create the blog?


I created Capture the Castle because I wanted to practice writing. I had just read the novel I capture the Castle by Dodie Smith in which the main character, Cassandra, writes in a diary daily in order to "get it all down". She tried to capture the essence of what she feels in words, which is what I try to do here, only with a heavy, heavy focus on fashion, and not so much daily life.

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?


I love blogs that have writing and words. I guess I'm the minority here but I do love to read - the articles in magazines are my favourite thing about them, not the editorials - and I guess except for street style bloggers I've mostly seen the images before. What I love to see is people's interpretations of fashion, style, life, not just their ideas.


3. Favorite makeup brand?

NARS. I remember one day in New York after jigging school (I did that a lot whilst I was there, what a bad gal I was!) and wandering into Henri Bendels which was dangerously close to my school, and seeing this glorious tower of chic, black waxy compacts and thinking, this is New York, this is real make up. After using Australis and Bloom for so long I was in awe of all this wonderful product that shimmered and glittered and moisturised and shone - all with such cheeky, titillating names like "Orgasm" and "Venice Beach". I couldn't resist!


4. Favorite clothing brand? 

I like Celine, Stella McCartney, COS, Isabel Marant, APC, Alexander Wang, Proenza Schouler and Opening Ceremony.


5. Your indispensable makeup product?

The one thing I wear every day without fail is the NARS lip treatment - it used to be called Sabrina but it's not called Bianca and not much has changed between the two products although Sabrina had a watermelon-y smell and a pink tinge, whereas Bianca is all white. It moisturises and SPFs your lips and gives them a slight sheen. It's wonderful with a tan!


6. Your favorite color?

Burnt orange.


7. Your perfume?

  I wear YSL Parisienne when I'm in that obvious, floral-y kind of mood and Diptyque's Philosykos when I'm not.


8. Your favorite film?

  Too many to name, really. I love films, I really do. I guess it is a toss up between Lost in Translation and Circle of Friends - both are completely wonderful and I have watched them too many times to even count on one hand. Totally divine.


9. What country would you like to visit and why? 

Italy. I'm completely desperate to go there having never been, but I'm getting thwarted at every turn by friends and family. But, as my mum said, Italy will always be there, I just have to be patient. I hate patience, I think it is the most overrated virtue.


10. Make the last question and answer to yourself:
What is one thing you wish you could do? 

Fly. 

I'm tagging

Abby from tenseventen
Briony from A girl, A style
Stephanie from Grey
Alexandra from Her Ribbons and Bows
Charlotte from Caesar

X
You have read this article blogging / me / quiz with the title quiz me. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/11/quiz-me.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...