hair dilemma

me and my best friend at a party in winter brrrr...

When it comes to the colour in my hair I go two ways. When thinking of getting my balayage re-done I either veer towards the subtle, streaks of blonde look that I have right now - which since I have so much hair ends up giving a lightening effect to my whole head) as seen on Jessica Biel and Lily Aldridge. Or an ombre, dip-dyed, two tone kind of look as seen on Drew Barrymore and Alexa Chung. The two times I've had my hair balayaged over the past year and a half I've asked the hair-stylist to just "do their thing" because I'm never game enough to bring in pictures and flash them in their faces and say "give this to me". And I also trust their infinite wisdom and skills to do a good job. But this time, I'm thinking of actually showing them. Do I want more of the same of what I have now, aka, more blonde strands amidst a sea of dark brown. Or do I want a radical, dip-dyed change where my ends are quite, quite blonde and It might veer into a region more commonly known as trashy... 


This:
pictures vanessa jackman, getty, google images

or, THIS: 
pictures getty, tfs

The only thing I'm worried about with look number 2 is the propensity for it to go all horribly wrong.. And since my hair is quite dark to begin with, it more than likely will go brassy. I kind of like the last girl's hair - in a weird, hipster-ish, totally not me kind of way - but then I also think it is definitely not me, and even though I like it, i like it on her - NOT on me. arghhhh .... but I definitely want to go lighter for summer. I just don't know what to do! I'm torn between looking natural - like the first images, as if the colour had just formed their with the old lemon-juice and sunshine trick of yore. Or the total opposite - unnatural, clearly dyed, ombre look of drew et al.

Decisions, decisions.. Help!

X
You have read this article alexa chung / hair / me / photos / pictures with the title hair dilemma. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/11/hair-dilemma.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...