painted it red




Isabel Marant Spring/Summer 2011 lookbook

Isabel Marant shows us that just a hint of red can be quite, quite transformative. To be honest I wasn't too enamoured of this collection on the runway, and even now looking at it I have my doubts. Those itty-bitty shorts are wonderful in theory, but in real life very tricky indeed. And that little pleated paisley mini? not for me, oh no. But I like the idea of it. That even though Marant herself said she designs for brunettes, it's all about that blonde girl - blonde through and through like brigitte bardot - in rolled up sweatshirts, big brown leather belts, tryst-fresh hair, thick knitted sweaters and red, baby red. I love how french books are so gloriously uniform - that minimalist black and white spine. I love how you can practically taste that summer sunshine in these images, no mean feat considering it was probably shot more recently in a wintery chill. 

And I love that red. Red is the colour of anger, passion, heat, desire. It is rarely - if ever - a colour that people are ambivalent about. And I love it.

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / colour / editorial / fashion / inspiration / isabel marant / me / photos / pictures / red / summer with the title painted it red. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/11/painted-it-red.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...