show and tell


In my world of late there has been some pretty big things happening. First of all, my little bro finished school and swiftly packed his bags for schoolies - the Australian way of celebrating the end of exams at high school by going to a beach far away and getting very, very drunk. Secondly, I got an internship at a magazine, starting this Thursday, for which I am both extremely nervous and extremely excited for (among other things, what should I wear, what should I wear?). I also just purchased my ticket (gulp!) to Europe in February, via Hong Kong to visit my grandparents, and am currently in freak out mode about my upcoming trip - where should I go, what should I do, what should i BUY hahaha. And finally, and maybe most interesting, I want to share something really exciting that has been happening in my world recently. About a month or so ago I was approached by Hayley to be the Features Editor on an online magazine she was creating. It was going to focus on street style and sydney specifically, with an emphasis on emerging designers and the fashion creativity that we all love about our city. It would be a magazine, but not as you know it - there wouldn't be pages to turn in the physical lay out of the site. There would be editorials, beauty, mens, fashion and features. 

Well, after a month of work, endless photoshoots, traipsing around Sydney to find the best shops, street style, talent and product, we went live this morning. We're still young yet, but there is great original content there (and even a little introductory feature from me, natch!) and keep watching the rest of this week for more features, editorials, beauty tips, street style and men's pieces to go live as we get going. It's really exciting to have your work published in this way - a way that is not on your blog or on facebook. On a real website that looks beautiful and celebrates everything that you love about fashion. I'm so happy to be working with this site where everyday is a new challenge and I'm meeting new designers, models and fashion talent that I'd never thought I'd meet. It's a real experience and I am so grateful.


So everyone, go check it out! It's a new look at Sydney's streets, and I am so proud to be a part of it.

On the Streets of Sydney

X
You have read this article fashion / me / writing with the title show and tell. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/11/show-and-tell.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...