stripey


1 - Armor Lux breton, Cali/Cale Dame sandals, and two great books for Breton love: a collection of stories from the New Yorker and, of course, Bonjour Tristesse // 2 - this Spring is going to be all about the oversized breton tucked into the straight-leg jeans, as seen on the youthfully exuberant Charlotte Gainsbourg in L’effronté // 3, 4 - My favourite ever Freunde von Freunden interview always gets me in the mood for spring. Muesli and fresh bread for breakfast and tables set for three. // 5 - Benah Jute tote bag, filled with essentials like Elle UK and Vogue US, Aesop body cream and Diptyque's hyper-green scent Philosykos // 6 - Ashley Olsen, the ultimate inspiration, in breton and denim // 7 - If Spring isn't about alfresco dining, then I don't know what is.


If there is a season for everything then the season for the breton must surely be Spring. I haven't stopped wearing them since September the 1st rolled around, and I can't see it happening anytime soon. I favour a really oversized cut, tucked into tapered trousers or loose over denim, with the sleeves rolled up to reveal a bit of wrist-raff and with a nice crew neck at the top. I've got a few, mostly navy and white (or, as above, white and navy), but after trawling through pages of the archives on La Mariniere I feel that I have to expand my collection. Red and white, especially in time to wear in support for my AFL team - the Sydney Swans - foray into finals season, blue and white (because it'll look so good with chinos!) and maybe a black and white, as the cherry on top. It's all those little things about spring time, those small freedoms, that make hayfever and hot winds so much more bearable. The freedom of wearing sandals at night time, of wearing nothing but a loose breton top, and eating outside in the shade.

X
You have read this article aesop / ashley olsen / benah / books / denim / food / magazines / me / outfit / outfits / sandals / spring with the title stripey. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/09/stripey.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...