now, voyager


I've always said that once you get a travel wallet you know you've made it. To me, a travel wallet - in some luxurious, exotic leather with an art deco clip by Smythson - is one of those definitive luxury items: straddling that fine line between necessary and unnecessary with such style and finesse. I've always, always wanted one, and even almost, almost bought one (the aforementioned Smythson beauty), heavily reduced in Harvey Nichols Hong Kong when I was 17 years old. But I wasn't old enough, or well travelled enough, or sophisticated enough to have a travel wallet back then. I wanted one so bad, and I knew that once I had one, there would be something different. It's the ceremony of pulling it out at the check in counter to withdraw important documents, and the way you look carrying one around tucked under your arm. I think I will be ready soon, and I think that my end of year trip is going to be the trip of the travel wallet. I have to add  another travel necessary/luxury/necessary on the list. The Byredo "necessaire de voyage" (see what I mean?), a little leather travel perfume dispenser - liquid regulations acceptable, of course - to fill with a vial of your favourite Byredo parfum. I'm mulling over a new fragrance purchase at the moment. Several times I've tried to commit, but I'm finding it hard. I want something spicy and warm for winter, since I have Philosykos for summer climes, and I'm steering into Byredo Rose Noir or La Tulipe territory. It's crazy, because the last time I wore a floral fragrance I was 15, shy and green as spring grass. Maybe it's time to go back to where it all began. Because neither of these scents - with their pepper and vetiver and musk - are florals in the traditional sense of the word. They're sophisticated and full bodied and surprisingly endearing. It sounds silly, but they're fragrances that a woman with a travel wallet would wear. Am I that kind of girl? I really, really want to be.

X
You have read this article beauty / future / holiday / me / perfume / shopping / style / travel / want with the title now, voyager. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/09/now-voyager.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...