hair tales




me and my friends... and my hair this week at RAFW. gratuitous hair shots, but really, i can't get enough of it, and it is SUCH a change. 


I have come to terms that I will never be a blonde - no matter how much I want to be that girl for whom yeats uttered 'who could love you for yourself alone and not your yellow hair?'. I have settled, instead, for that kind of sunkissed, burnished brown that sings of squinting at the camera and squelching your toes in the sand. I needed hair, and a hair colour, that was easy to maintain and suitable to my lifestyle - I'm not the kind of girl who'll run about getting touch ups every week or so and I'm certainly not the kind of girl who even blowdries her hair after she gets out of the shower. Air-drying all the way haha! My hair dresser suggested Balayage, and I agreed in an insouciant way that hopefully did not bely how excited I was - Alexa has this exact same colour. The results were marvellous - they took a little while to get used to, but now I can't even imagine my hair it's original colour. I can't even fathom what it was like to be plain old brown. Now, I can happily say, my mane is chestnut with toffee coloured bits that glint in the sun like rough gold. 

Hair for me has been a love/hate thing. If I can try to explain... it used to be a bob. A very short bob, with a blunt front fringe. I loved that hair cut at the time, but last year I realised I wanted something else, I wanted long hair, I wanted a change. I grew and grew and grew my hair - my sights were so singular I didn't get it cut once, I just wanted it to grow. And although I joke that I'd like it to get a full handspan longer (so it sits at the small of my back) I'm actually quite happy, no, ecstatic, with where it is now. If you told me a year ago I'd have hair like this, I wouldn't have believed you. It's been so long since I've had long hair I hardly know what to do with it, I just want to play with it all the time! 

I'm going next week to get it done again, the best money I've ever spent was back in November when I got it done originally. Now I can't wait to have it all over again - that giddy feeling when I picked out a blonde bit in my hair and held it up, shining, to the light...


And obviously, once I get the colour done again I will look JUST like lily aldridge: 



X
You have read this article fashion week / hair / me / writing with the title hair tales. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/05/hair-tales.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...