maniac maniac

Some of you might have seen the photos of Tamila Purvis, stylist cum jewelry designer, on Garance Dore the other day. Clad in an embroidered apricot overshirt and with the kind of messy bob cut I always wish I had when my hair was short, she radiated a sense of exotic, roughly hewn style. And that's not even starting on her jewelry. I have blogged about her label the maniamania before, and as you can see the jewelry is even more fascinatingly imperfect outside of editorial and in real life. The burnished metals - bronzes, golds and pewters are raw and real and so perfect against tanned skin. If you look carefully at the second picture you can see she is wearing the immortals ring, the ring version of the necklace I coveted...



garance dore

... and got. Actually my mum bought the necklace for me as a gift and forgot to give it to me! so for easter I was surprised by this absolutely incredible piece of jewelry that I have hardly ever taken off. It is amazing to wear and has gotten so many compliments - people really love her stuff. 





And i couldn't help myself. behold my new basket, getting it's first test run today at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week. Conveniently 'borrowed' from my fabulous godmother who has a house where you could find anything you wanted, no no, really. I'll get back to you on how it goes!

X
You have read this article fashion / fashion week / garance dore / jewelry / street style with the title maniac maniac. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/05/maniac-maniac.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...