neutral ground








1 - garance dore
2 - the sartorialist
the rest - mr newton

As the weather cools down - but the sun blinds on (the Australian summer is characterised by that bright, high blinding sun that you often get in New York winters) - you start to reach for things like coats, scarves, beanies and gloves. But this year, instead of methodically picking out black opaques and drab knitted accessories I've headed to my mum's wardrobe where I've found soft beige pashminas and gloves the colour of caramel fudge. It's funny, I work at David Jones where the uniform is all black, all the time. But this winter when I'm not working I think it's going to be a neutral-coloured one indeed. All these colours have such delicious names too - caramel, toffee, taupe, butter, cream, milk, ivory, hazelnut... 

It's weird actually, I'm a big fan of colour in summer, but in winter I retreat back into neutral ground. I wonder why that is? Blame it on the weather? Or maybe i'm growing up. God I hope not.

X
You have read this article fashion / fashion shows / fashion week / garance dore / paris fashion week / street style / weather with the title neutral ground. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/05/neutral-ground.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...