the ankle

tfs

The ankle is one of my favourite erogenous zones. Wearing such long skirts and baggy pants as I do, I find that tiny sliver of skin quite, well, exciting. That's probably the reason I double cuff my pants - sometimes a bit too high. It can be a bit addictive. Drawing attention to them in any way is my favourite thing. Strappy sandals, the long straight lines of a pair of tapered trousers, and, now, anklets. What a funny trend! Something I never thought I could get genuinely feverish about. Not in the same way as, I don't know, the colour combination of burgundy and blue. It's the Ashley Olsen effect. Even Vogue Daily said that they had never thought of anklets until they Ashley Olsen wearing a matching pair of Ileana Makri dainty chains on top of her strappy black sandals (that she pairs with everything - from jeans to ball gowns. Just like me!). Vogue Daily said that it added a touch of irreverence to her city-slicker style. I actually think the reason that it works so well is that it's an incredibly modern accessory. Yes, there is an element of history to it - of egyptian sands and oriental royalty - but I think it's a very dainty piece of jewellery. Not the kind of thing you can leave on under hiking boots or you can pair with tennis shoes. In other words, not exactly the kind of accessory for hard living. It's luxurious and high class. Even if it's just a thin gold chain there is something very extravagant about it. I love it! If you're going to run around New York in jeans and a blue shirt you might as well add a pair of anklets and a $35 000 backpack. Why not? 

I might have to add an anklet to the list of potential impulse purchases (which I know is a contradiction of terms, but still. I like that turn of phrase). The only problem is that I'm going to be quite picky - I will want quite a dainty chain. Like this Gorjana disc anklet from shopbop. Or this one. Oh, and I'll want two. You have to have a pair! 

I made a fun little polyvore quickly to accompany this. It was goin to be quite simple and then I just lost it with the accessories. And when I did that I thought I might as well add a rabbit fur sweater because it's all make believe. This really is an Ashley Olsen outfit. Some diamond rings, a repossi piece (at $5000 a pop those bad boys are far out of my price range), two ileana makri anklets and a rabbit fur sweater. Like a Boss! 

Joseph sweater, bodas shirt, prism glasses, ileana makri anklets x 2, repossi ring, satomi kawakita black diamond ring, satomi kawakita diamond band, k.jacques sandals, t.r ensemble jeans, michael kors watch, the row backpack

X
You have read this article ashley olsen / inspiration / jewelry / New York / shoes / shopping / the row / want with the title the ankle. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/10/the-ankle.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...