update #2: summer lovin




1. A black fedora with a stiff, semi-wide brim, in felt. still searching! Help please!
 
2. A pair of  navy blue and/or black linen pants, slightly oversized, tapered, possibly cropped  I think I must have been high when I wrote this because I actually own a pair of pants that are just like this. I'm actually wearing them in these photos but they look black here!
 
3. A loose, calf-length (at least), slightly oversized shirt dress in a material that breathes  Acne Panton Shirt, it's nice to meet you.
 
4. Delicate, fine jewellery - of all kinds - enjoying the various examples I have already
 
5. Something ridiculous and off-season because of the way that Australia gets the seasons out of whack but you have to have because it's so damn amazing, it's kind of like that inextricable desire - notes to a mouse and dead fleurette know what i'm talking about - for the alex wang sweater: the Isabel Marant Idea Coat (pictured here: jacket) mine mine mine!
 
 
I saw this shirt in bloodorange one day and fell instantly in love. It is deliciously oversized but in an Ashley Olsen kind of way - it keeps you excited with slits up the back, an assymetrical hemline and pleated shoulders. But it wasn't to be and I was despairing that I would ever get my hands on it. The Acne store wasn't going to stock it, I couldn't find it online in the right colourway, the sky is falling, the sky is falling! But, like all things magical, bloodorange restocked. And, like all things magical, the almost month-and-a-half-long wait was well and truly worth it.

This shirt is technically a dress, but with the slit up the back it requires a little bit of layering - fine by me - to make it work. It's not calf length, but then again since I'll be wearing it over things I'm not sure that matters that much. It's like a tunic almost, and I love it. It's definitely one of the trickier pieces in my wardrobe and it's very hard to photograph. Up top I've tucked one half of the shirt in and left the longer side loose (this is also the side with the slit up the back). I've found this look works best with pants. With skirts I've taken to belting it. Leaving it loose is also good but I haven't got the hang of it just yet. This shirt truly billows, any hint of wind and it just moves uncontrollably all round you. I love that about it, but it certainly makes it difficult to wear. I'm enjoying experimenting though. 

In terms of my list I think I'm almost done for the season. I actually own a pair of navy blue pants - I'm not sure what was going through my head when I included them in the list. Maybe I wanted a second pair? But I've rediscovered them of late and that's been fun. When it comes to delicate jewellery I'm loving all my bracelets - although I would perhaps like a few necklaces. But it's my birthday soon so I have plenty of time for wishlists and all that! And the hat... My search continues. I haven't found one. My head is too big. It's all just too hard. But Summer is fast approaching, so it's now of never on that front. If anyone in Australia sees one that fits my bill (semi-wide, stiff brim NOT floppy, black felt, fedora style) please let me know! I'm hoping that Country Road/Witchery/Sportsgirl bring out something suitable soon. Sportsgirl had an OK one but it was too small for my head. Ah, the search continues. I'm really happy with where I am in terms of shopping this season. Last season I made a tonne of impulse purchases which was fine because I love them, but still. I think because this season I've had so many more things to spend my money on - I've been steadily paying off my computer and now am debt free, as well as weekend trips interstate for 21sts etc - I've just had less means to shop. I'm happy though. I have some things that I absolutely adore and that I worked hard to get. That makes me excited to get dressed in the morning.

X
You have read this article acne / clothes / clothing / fashion / isabel marant / me / money / outfit / outfits / shopping / style / want with the title update #2: summer lovin. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/10/update-2-summer-lovin.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...