mood

only wearing one piece of jewellery, extra points if its petitegrand on style me romy // Liu Wen a dream in a crisp white shirt and perfect straight leg jeans in the madewell lookbook // a nook all to yourself // bay and fyfe Zebra scarf // this amazing Thursday Sunday knit for next seaon, a wonderful blur of blue and grey.   

I love the peacefulness of blue. It's so calm. It's still water and clear skies. It's the coming of Spring with flowers unfurling and longer days, but it's also the dreams of next winter. It's pretty in pastel, but it's also utilitarian in denim overalls and rolled up sleeves. I've always loved navy. But it must be this springtime clarity that's got me searching for a lighter sensibility. All day today I've wandered around the beautiful Sydney suburb where I live and just marvelled about how lucky we are. There's so much swollen green and blue. It's everywhere. And it's beautiful. It's enough - it's more than enough - to want to run to my wardrobe and put on something in cornflower, or periwinkle, or baby blue and just smile. In particular I can't stop thinking about this Thursday Sunday knit. I love the peachy-pink bamboo knit sweater from this season, but the two-tone blue and grey is just perfect. The perfect kind of building block to keep my neutral separates exciting. I'm definitely adding it to my list of 5 pieces for next season (can't believe I'm planning next season now!). Whenever Spring comes along I always think of this poem by e.e cummings. No matter how much I love my coats and my scarves and my knitwear there comes a time when, well, you think you've known autumn too long...


"a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. I think i too have known
autumn too long."

e.e cummings
X


ps. don't forget to enter my Maille giveaway!
You have read this article apartment / bracelets / colour / denim / houses / jewelry / knitwear / mood / spring with the title mood. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/10/mood.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...