to the flo!



At work our reserve is in the basement, and every day we end up running up and down, up and down for bags and bits and bobs for customers. Sometimes when we're down there we goof around. One of my friends and me used to joke when we were getting bags to take upstairs to the shop floor, "take it to the flo!" we'd yell out at the top of our lungs. I used to have so much fun at work, but it seems that almost all of my friends are leaving to get real jobs, and it's just not the same anymore. I'm not sure what to do - whether I should stick out at a job that I am increasingly growing to hate just because it means money, or whether I can have the balls to quit. To grin and bare it with hardly anything save for sanity? But that's another story altogether. Advice would be welcomed indeed. 

Some things that do make me happy - floor length skirts. I have a few wonderful ones from last season that have had outings again recently. The thing about them is that they don't agree with wind. They are just as likely to fly up around your waist as they are to stay put. Very temperamental things indeed. But oh! The glamour. For night time there's nothing quite like it. A sweeping skirt, a loose jumper (belted in, of cours) and a twisted up-do. One of my favourite, insignificant things is the way you have to gather up a floor length skirt as you walk up stairs or stride purposefully over a gutter. There's something very elegant about that movement. Once you wear a skirt - the right skirt - enough times the whole movement becomes instinctive. You barely think about sweeping it up in your hands, you just do it. I like that. It doesn't have to be ancient and ageing, you can wear a long skirt with a tee shirt, or a singlet, or anything you want really. They're just a little bit special. A long, lean, clean silhouette, a taller stance, a sunflower stretching out towards the sun. I like that. I like that a lot.

X
You have read this article clothes / fashion / long skirts / money / photos / pictures / street style / street-style / the sartorialist / work with the title to the flo!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/10/to-flo.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...