footloose and fancy free



Having said all of that, there is one remnant of the Australian summer that I'll be sad to leave behind, and that is (or, really, are) sandals. I love going bare-legged, whether in summer or winter, and sandals are the great enabler of this tic. I love them paired with tapered trousers and a loose tee shirt, leaning back in a deck chair and I love them equally as much with a fitted midi-skirt, oversized sweater and a woolly coat in the Australian cold, which can allow for such inappropriate footwear choices as sandals in winter. One of my guilty pleasures indeed. In this sense Ashley Olsen and I are style sisters, both fearlessly proclaiming the joys of sandals - even in winter - in leaving your feet footloose and fancy free. I like to think that Ashley Olsen and I are, actually, very similar indeed. 

K.Jacques are one of my favourite sandal brands. I love the hard sole and the soft leather straps which mold to your feet each time you strap them in. I've got a couple of pairs, one caramel-hued that has mellowed to a rich tobacco over time, and the other is a bright fire-engine red, which go perfectly with all the various shades of neutrals that litter my wardrobe. At the moment I've been wearing them every day, with navy blue trousers and my new Vanessa Bruno blouse - which is actually quite sheer and therefore kind of perfect for hot weather - and feeling very parisian indeed. Still, I don't think I have enough sandals. Well, can you ever have enough sandals? Can you ever have enough of strappy leather goodness that complete every outfit with a dollop of insouciance and an air of laidback elegance? I didn't think so. The next pair might have to be khaki, methinks...

X
You have read this article australia / sandals / shoes / summer / sydney with the title footloose and fancy free. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/01/footloose-and-fancy-free.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...