things I love


“These things I love – neutral tones, the more washed out the better. Simplicity distilled into an ice blue Bassike tee shirt, or an oatmeal colour COS sweater. Who could ever choose brights over the beauty of beige? Céline bags are the height of luxury! I am lucky enough to have two in my life, both the products of long and arduous pilgrimages across Paris, both the most elegant things I own, and both reminders of perfect moments in my life where I was gloriously, unashamedly happy. Gold accents which glint from my person, a blinging Michael Kors rose gold watch which shouldn’t work but does, or Benah cuffs, bold and brash, and eye-catching. I’m such a gold girl at heart – I love anything with a bit of that summery shimmer, like honeyed limbs and sticky toffee and brushed gold hardware. Delicate jewellery is my obsession. At the moment I’ve been wearing thin rings doubled up or above my knuckle as memory rings. I also take to layering slip-of-a-thing bracelets like this Van Rycke bead and cord number, or the BRVTVS julia bracelet which I wanted for so long and will always remind me of my friends. Sometimes just wearing one piece of jewellery is even better, like a single Me & Ro necklace with a teeny, tiny, barely-there pendant. Sandals, flat, so flat, forever flat sandals. I am infamous for wearing sandals all year round – even in winter – because I love them so much and I just can’t let go. Just look at these K.Jacques? How could you pack them away, even when it starts to turn cold, how could you?”


One other thing that I love - Jessie. I love how smiley and happy she is, even when we're both really confused about something, I love how collusive she is with me in the need to spend money on unimportant yet totally wonderful things like Celine and Acne, I love how she doesn't mind when I mimic her (adorable) accent and call her "Jissy", I love how she'll have a coffee or a juice or a beer with me, I love how she has like a million girl crushes and is happy to share them all with the interwebs, I love how we only met at RAFW and yet we've become such fast friends, and I love how she can call me up and ask to come over and take some photos of my stuff and how a few calm if slightly hungover (me, not her!) minutes at my house can turn into this because oh my, is she one talented thing.

X

You have read this article bags / benah / blogging / bracelets / celine / friends / jewelry / me / photos / pictures / sandals / shoes / style with the title things I love. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/01/things-i-love.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...