get up



A good morning routine is one that invigorates you for the rest of the day. I think the best morning routine I ever had was when I used to live in New York, my friend and I would wake up slowly, have our showers and wash the sleep from our eyes and hair and person, and then congregate, homework, books and wet hair on hand, to eat a little something before running off to school. My friend's parents were incredible cooks and, as is the American way, the breakfast table was always laden with bountiful goodies, from french toast to muesli to pancakes, just the thing to ward off those chilly New York winter mornings as we traipsed through snow and slush and all of that fun stuff on the walk to the subway station. By the time we arrived at school some 40 minutes later, red-cheeked from the walk we were bright-eyed and ready to learn. Now it takes more than just a good breakfast and a brisk shower to wake me up, which is sad. I yearn for those days when coffee was a grown-up treat and not eating breakfast was simply out of the question.

I really love the wake up call series on Sous Style. Sticky-beaking into other peoples' lives is part of human nature, and the raft of food, lifestyle and home blogs cropping up everywhere serves this purpose quite admirably. There have only been two entries for wake up call, but the other, with bag designer Wendy Nichol is also amazing, featuring a blow by blow of her morning routine (hit sleep on the alarm, fall in and out of sleep for the next 10 minutes, which is probably my favourite thing to do) and cute pictures of her, sleepy-eyed and putting on earrings. I know this is a rosy view and I certainly wouldn't want a photographer documenting my every move in the morning, but it's still nice. I like that Marla drinks a glass of water by the sink first thing and that she prefers a scrambled egg. These are nice details to know - and her ivory The Row dress is pretty amazing too, although I wouldn't be game to cook in it. 

These photos are enough to make you a morning person!

X
You have read this article apartment / food / friends / home / me / morning / New York / photos / pictures with the title get up. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/01/get-up.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...