future classics

  tommy ton for style.com, jak and jil, tfs, altamira nyc

Have I got a perfect wardrobe? No, not by far. Not yet. But hopefully, one day, when I'm old and wise and very, very fabulous I will. I think I'm on my way to this wardrobe. I've bought the coat of my dreams, an Isabel Marant Etoile number that's tweedy and warm and perfect, perfect, perfect.I have the skirt of my dreams to go with it: A jersey midi that reveals a flash of tan ankle when I walk. I've got my favourite grey sweatshirt with sleeves rolled up to go underneath (Aussie chain Bonds, still the one!) But there are still some voids left to be filled. I need a pair of sandals - rough and raw - with thick leather straps and big gold buckles. I need a small frame bag that I can sling over a shoulder or tuck under my arm, equally as chic. I'm searching for a chunky men's watch like Garance's that is thick and heavy and big and brash. I need a pair of jeans with the hem let down, revealing frayed turn ups and dye lines. I'm still searching for a tan blazer and tan pants - not necessarily matching, but ones that I can pair with bretons, with khaki shorts, with midi length grey jersey skirts.  And, of course, if anyone knows any high street (aussie) secrets as to where to find maxi or midi length jersey skirts, perferably in colours like chestnuts or caramels, greys and charcoals and olives or khakis, let me know! Add a nice thick, chunky scarf, a simple denim shirt and a pair of ballet flats and that's me set for life, I think.

Well, for now, anyway.

X
You have read this article editorial / fashion week / photos / street style / street-style with the title future classics. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/09/future-classics.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...