it's love!

vogue paris august 2008


I just bought an Isabel Marant etoile coat after borrowing some money off my brother. I can't express in words how much I love this jacket, although, being me, I'm going to try. I'm a jacket person. I am the girl that Sally Singer and Anna Wintour talked about when they mused over the idea of a "wardrobe of jackets". I am the girl who wears pretty much the same thing every week - calf length jersey skirt, simple shirt or sweatshirt in block colour - but with a different jacket on top it can all look new again. I love my jackets, belted, sleeveless, swing, cropped, oversize, tailored, black, white and red all over. I have a lot of jackets but  some of my favourites - my men's gap parka, my opening ceremony swing coat, my sleeveless trench - are worn almost every day on rotation depending on my mood. My new coat is going to fit in very well in my hallowed wardrobe of outerwear essentials. It is mens style, brown and tweedy, educational like a professor but french like a vogue paris gal. It has deep pockets, a sexy pocket square and a line that is long without being sweeping yet still short enough that you could - if you were so disposed - wear a skirt that matched it hemline for hemline in a way that is alexa-esque. rolled up sleeves reveal marant's trademark calico like lining. the tweed is soft and spongey, just as it should be. And what I love most about it is that I am nothing, absolutely nothing like Daria or Emmanuelle or Geraldine, and I wear the coat in a completely different way to their thigh high suede boots and scuffed jeans. But still it is french and chic and just as perfect as everyone has said about Isabel Marant. It makes you feel good to be a woman. I want to sleep in it, i want to live in it, i never want to take it off. 

I'm in love!

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / coats / fashion / france / isabel marant / magazines / me / paris / photos / pictures / shopping / travel / vogue paris / winter with the title it's love!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/09/it-love.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...