watercolour



This is the Nathan Smith Spring Summer 2011 collection. It is, in a word, divine. But here are a few more words, because that's how I roll. Muted. Clean. Fresh. Languid. Simple. Easy. Luxurious. Blooming. I love the palette of khakis, blacks, whites and a few peaches and dove blues. I love how everything is loose; from the peg-leg cuffed trousers to the tunic dresses to the little lilac cardigans. This is exactly the mood I'm feeling for spring and summer, collars popped on shirts, trousers rolled up, big sweaters over silky skirts and every pushed, pulled, rolled and tucked. Simple. When you see the last photo, the whole of the lookbook together (including the very cool stuff for the guys, mmm!) you can see the totality of the collection. It makes me long for balmy summer nights and gossamer evenings where the time stretches out in front of you through the belly of a wine glass. These are separates to live in, and that's all I really care about right now.

I'm not sure what it is but I'm definitely feeling a simpler mood right now. I'm just reaching for the same old things over and over again - button downs, jersey skirt, boxy coat. That's a winter wardrobe. This is a summer wardrobe - loose tee shirts, rolled up pants, bodycon skirts, baggy jumpers, strappy sandals and swishy skirts. Recently I've been editing down my closet, getting rid of everything superfluous and everything that's weighing me down. My whole family are compulsive hoarders depending on their personal tastes. Clothes are my poison. I have an overflowing closet and a dresser stuffed with clothes, more than 75% of which I don't wear, and quite frankly, I'm sick of wading through piles of clothes that I have neither the time nor the inclination to wear. I'm editing down until I only have clothes that I love, really love, and that I wear, really wear. I'm fairly certain that these clothes would slot in more than capably. It's all about ease. And these are certainly easy.

Collection available online( Link above) and from selected stockists.

X
You have read this article australia / colour / fashion / fashion shows / me / street-style / style / sydney with the title watercolour. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/09/watercolour.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...