brown eyed girl

tommy ton for style.com

the sartorialist

These two images are the most inspiring thing I've seen in a long time. Thank God for New York Fashion Week, right? They makes me want to run to my cupboard and put on every brown thing I own. It's okay to mix your tones and shades, it's okay to wear head to toe brown - as long as there's camel, tan, oatmeal, nutmeg, toffee, caramel, chocolate and chestnut in there. Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm going to raid my dad's wardrobe to find some khaki shorts and throw them on too. This is ridiculous - I don't even like shorts (or brown), but suddenly being nut brown (and/or nutty) is seeming so right. It's unfair that there are women in this world like Garance, like the girl from Tommy Ton's picture, who are so effortly chic in their brown shade clothes, their peep toe booties, their big gold men's watches, the leather shorts, their itty bitty chanel 2.55 reissues in ivory. It's unfair that they just 'know' what colours will go together perfectly. It's unfair that no matter how hard I try I know I'm not going to look as "fabu" as them. But still, I'm inspired. Maybe I'll find a khaki dress instead of shorts, maybe my jacket will be more of a chestnut than a camel, but at least I'm trying.  Suddenly we're shaking up the fashion rules. And it looks good.

X
You have read this article fashion / fashion week / inspiration / New York / new york fashion week / street style / street-style / style with the title brown eyed girl. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/09/brown-eyed-girl.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...