no sweat

grazia UK

For me, when it comes to tops, there are only really two options: shirts and sweatshirts. Shirts because of their loose but buttoned up seriousness and sweatshirts for their louche, easy luxury. I love sweatshirts. As anyone will tell you they practically never leave my body (and when they do, they're replaced by a shirt, natch). I may not be a world champion runner and my sweatshirts have rarely, if ever, set food inside a gym - although they have seen the inside of a Bikram Yoga studio which is a story best left untold - but they add a little sporty ease to my dressing. I've lost count of the amount of times they've saved an outfit. Under a sleeveless trench, over a pair of boyfriend jeans, as a counter-point to my new IM coat. The sweatshirt adds a degree of casualness and, well, there really is no other word for it - ability - to any outfit. They make you feel like you could do things. When I'm wearing a sweatshirt i get things done. I go for walks, I buy groceries, I write stories, I read books, I do uni assignments. I am a wonderwoman! 

My sweatshirt of choice is Bonds. I have one in a grey marle, well-worn and well-loved indeed, and one in a charcoal grey, both of which are comfy and absolutely perfect. I love rolling the sleeves up so you get that flash of fleece underneath. I love pulling them a little to the sides to expose a bit of shoulder. I love how they can take an outfit from night to day and right back again, depending on what you pair them with. I love how they go equally as well with ballgown, bustling skirts as they do with baggy pants and sandals. They are the everyman of shirts. 

dries van noten FW10 style.com, garance dore by mr newton, alexander wang SS10 style.com

In fashion - as in my wardrobe - sometimes movements and trends can collide. The minimalistic moment that we're having at the moment can crash spectacularly into sportswear until you are faced with the sweatshirt, the perfect foil to a pair of kickflares and yet also in tune with knee socks and footy shorts. It is both minimalist and sporty. And, since those are the trends that I am currently drawn to, i seem to have found my top "soulmate". Well done, me!

X
You have read this article alexa chung / alexander wang / clothes / clothing / dries van noten / fashion / garance dore / minimalism / photos / pictures / style with the title no sweat. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/09/no-sweat.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...