marant mania



I am definitely late to the Isabel Marant party.  I don't know what happened, really, I guess I was caught up with aussie labels and with european high street that i kind of missed this glorious woman who designed really accessibly clothes that bridge the gap between the high street and designer. I still, to this day, cannot get over her price points, and although I have heard that she used to be a lot cheaper (before celebrities and profits came around, one assumes), for a jaded shopper like me it is still astonishing to see a "designer" dress for under $500. No wonder she has such a cult following. I've toyed with buying some of her pieces before, but sometimes I've found that they've sat wrong, or that the fit is a bit weird - bizarrely her shirts in my size are "too" baggy, which I thought would never have been an issue, ever. But now, thanks to the Corner Shop, I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

The item is an absolutely incredible Isabel Marant Etoile coat in the most beautiful tweedy brown. It sits like the jacket above: kind of boxy and cut away from the body to the back in an almost cocoon shape. The sleeves bell just a little bit. The pockets are very deep. And there's that hint of linen on the pocket square that I love. I know, I know, another jacket. But this is THE jacket, I can feel it. I tried it on and I just couldn't believe it. It's a jacket to fill wardrobe voids and carry me through winters. It's a jacket that I'm confident I'll wear forever. And since I didn't end up buying that trench coat (they had sold out! woe is me!) I feel that I can put my well-earned money into someone else's business just as easily. 

This is what I've heard about the IM cult. One piece - the first piece - hooks you in for the rest of your life. You're either converted or you're not. Well, I think you're preaching to the choir. I want it. NOW! But what do you think? honest opinions?

The Corner Shop Blog

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / coats / isabel marant / me / shopping with the title marant mania. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/09/marant-mania.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...