jump on it

the sart, garance dore, street fsn, team peter stigter

The problem with living in Australia is that you are always out of wack. Inevitably you end up wanting things out of season - an Isabel Marant coat in the heat of spring, a pair of sun-kissed espadrilles while you're buckling down for winter - and it is confusing, to say the least. Which is why I find myself, on a hotter than hot sydney saturday, yearning after things like cable-knit fisherman sweaters. After this fashion month it seems like every good editor has one tucked away in their closet to pair with things like pleat-front pants, circle skirts and sequined dresses. Where's mine? I want one! I want one even though it's about 30 degrees today and the scratchy one I pilfered from my dad's closet smells a little of moth balls and I won't be able to find one in any chain store, and the ones from Vinnies will have a cat pattern on the front and I won't get to wear it until next year (at least, and even then it never really gets quite cold enough)...

I want one! With their thick knit and their wide collars and their loose slouch these jumpers are the perfect things to while away hours on the couch in, or to dress down your best tailoring, or to scrunch up the sleeves of when you're out at a concert. Maybe, maybe, in summer, you could even wear it with a slashed pair of jeans, a pair of strappy sandals, and your hair in a messy up do. You could definitely wear that in summer right? I need to justify this purchase. That would totally work for summer.

Well, a girl can dream.

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / photos / pictures / street style with the title jump on it. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/10/jump-on-it.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...