mixmaster

The Photodiarist


This is one of those inspiring street-style shots where you don't actually want to copy the look piece for piece, you just want to be that girl.  Personally - there are too many things going on here - chain bag, platform wedges, military khaki, stripey blue shirt, leopard print gilet, but i still love the look. This is partially because it is a beautiful, beautiful capture by the Photodiarist, it's literally full of that blinding New York City light that I remember so well, the kind that used to pierce things, bright and bold. The girl (is it Joanna Hillman? I wouldn't be surprised), kind of emerges from it, fully formed in such incredible things as Dries Van Noten fur. On days when I'm feeling quite, quite bold, I might attempt a look like this, but slightly toned down. But it would never be quite as great. Because without that light, without that pose, without the nonchalant grasp of the WWD's and the Daily's that they practically fling at you at NYFW, it just wouldn't be the same. Without that easy, breezy fur gilet, without the comfy blue shirt with sleeves rolled up, without that perfect khaki pencil skirt that I am still searching for... It's pointless to copy, because you just become simulacra. And I'm just a tiny bit afraid that with all this minimal stuff I've been going through I've lost my ability to mix it up like I used to. I still love this kind of style - Taylor Tomasi, Giovanna Battaglia - someone who can throw things together without a second thought. Can i still do it? Much better just to admire from afar. 

This is a true mix-master.

X
You have read this article fashion / fashion week / inspiration / New York / new york fashion week / photos / pictures / street style / street-style / style / stylists with the title mixmaster. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/10/mixmaster.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...