Sttteeelllaaa!

designers for target

Remember 3 years ago when Target produced a limited collection designed by Stella McCartney and it produced mass hysteria and hyper ventilation among the yummy mummy set? I do. I do distinctly. I remember getting there in the morning (i took a sickie from school hehehe) and queuing up with a raft of women with prams and huge latte cups. When the doors of the shop opened these women RUSHED in, and im talking RUSHED in, to grab their stella goodies at a fraction of the price. There were news items on stella hysterics and footage of women pushing each other out of the way to snap the last be-ribboned trench or pencil skirt. I went back a couple of days later and, having been re-stocked, the whole thing was much more civilised. I got to have a look at everything, and even snapped up a trench myself (sent in from another store). I'm not saying I would go on the first day again, but I might pace myself this time. After all, it's Target. Nothing sells out on the first day, they always have extra stock.

And Target's done it again. They've caught Stella away from her busy duties being, well, a fabulous designer and mother of 3.5 children to design another limited edition collection. This time, however, the whole thing is a little more grown up (just like stella!) the pieces are more tailored and fitted, there is none of the billowing trapeze shapes that we had last time, and very few prints, unlike the instantly recognisable bird print from the previous collection. This time the focus is on line - with several beautiful jackets with inverted collars, embellishment - with sequins and beading abounding, and colour - with a heavy focus on ivories, a delicious cornflower blue called "felicia" and a couple of dusky pinks. The look is much more in tune with spring/summer but also much more in tune with Stella's recent collections that have all been absolute hits. She favours a duchesse silk high sheen, tulip shapes, a bit of a shoulder and the most gorgeous, life-affirming of colours. This collection has all that, and more - The prices range from $29 for a headband to $249 for a trench. And that's it. $229! Well, it is target, after all. 

My pick of the items? Well, being on a budget and not having a credit card I can just wilfully hand over, I'm going to have to narrow down my picks. Since i don't really wear dresses I can wipe out a sizable portion of the collection (sadly, the whole thing is not very separates heavy). So here it is, 4 pieces I just might buy from the Stella McCartney for Target collection.

On the left is the fitted jacket with collar inverted. A really chic way to update a blazer and, since I definitely need one, on the list. $179. On the right is the Ribbon detail white shirt. This is a classic, but with a twist, the collar can be buttoned right up for a prim look, or left hanging loose for a little flash of minimalist sexy. I love this shirt from these pictures, and though i don't technically need a white shirt, one will always come in handy, right?  $119. Worn by both models but unseen are the wide-legged fitted pants. Pants are something I'd have to try on in person, but I think these would look good. They are just your classic pants, but being Stella, are tailored really well, I like the wide leg look this season. They are also $119.


And the final item, this is a must buy, possibly in a couple of different colours. The lace tee shirt. I love this, and I love how it references Stella's collections. I adore that divine Felicia colour on the left, but the ivory isn't bad either, and I wouldn't say no to the black. All three then? at $129 it's not a stretch. You can see the whole collection for yourself at designers for target where they also have competitions, behind the scenes videos, and a moving lookbook for certain items, which I have to say is rather swish. A camera pans around a model as she moves about in an outfit, giving you an idea of movement and style. It's quite cool.

The collection launches on Friday, October 29th. So set a date, and maybe I'll see you at 9 AM in the morning at bondi junction, waiting outside Target with a super large latte and a pram? Well, maybe not the pram...

X
You have read this article australia / clothes / clothing / fashion / me / shopping / stella mccartney / sydney with the title Sttteeelllaaa!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/10/sttteeelllaaa.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...