large and in charge

american apparel

I'm a big fan of clutches. In the manner of fashion editors the world round I find it infinitely more cool to tuck a clutch under my arm rather than hoist a bag over my shoulder - unless said bag is a Celine box bag, in which case I am very well positioned to re-assess this statement. There is something about a clutch bag that confers elegance upon the wearer, no matter whether it is a big, bulky one or a teeny tiny little slip of a thing. It says - I have everything I need in here. I don't need to haul around comfort blankets like magazines, books, water bottles, change of clothes.. I am confident in myself. At least that's what I like to think it says, anyway.

This clutch by American Apparel is definitely one of the chicer incarnations of a clutch I've seen in a long time. It is the ultimate in simple design, something American Apparel has in spades, but not their normal, tacky kind. This is a little bit classy, a little spare and clean, and works perfectly with the outfit on the left - sheer blouse and tapered pants - as well as the more hipster pleated skirt and leotard look. I love how the girl has clutched it to her chest - I like to carry some of my bigger clutch bags that way too. It comes in small, medium and large. But personally I am leaning more towards that large. Imagine the counterpoint this clutch would give to an outfit - that big, awkward hulk of leather? My only issue is, it's probably going to be very difficult to find things in there because of the design. It's essentially like a big pencil case - everything is going to fall to the bottom. But I guess if you're only carrying phone, keys, wallet and lipstick, that doesn't really matter, does it? I can't wait to pop down to the American Apparel store and check them out in person. I hope the black is as leathery-battered goodness as it looks in the picture. I'm already forming outfits in my mind!

X
You have read this article bags / fashion / me / shopping with the title large and in charge. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/10/large-and-in-charge.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...