THE bag.

 louis vuitton

Just when I thought I was over it. Just when I thought I wouldn't think about it anymore. Just when I thought I had moved on to smaller, less pricey things - I see the new lookbook for the Sofia Coppola Louis Vuitton collection. I say lookbook but really I mean photoshoot, because there is nothing sterile or clinical about this. It is Sofia, in a variety of totally luxurious locations like the streets of paris or a garden restaurant, with those glorious bags of hers just casually hanging out. She's done them in croc this season: oh she is such a tease. Can you imagine the price tag of that bad boy? Can you imagine how much i want it? She's wearing beautiful long skirts, worn grey tee shirts and charcoal cocoon coats and I want to be her, fresh from a pregnancy and positively glowing.

Life's not fair, is it? Sofia Coppola is one of those people who is just born chic, and lives a life of being chic for the rest of her days. She doesn't even have to try. She's just ineffably cool no matter what she does. I'm dying to see her new movie, I'm dying to see this collection in person, I'm dying for one of these bags, I'm dying for that long black skirt with pockets, for that swing coat, for those christian louboutin loafers, for the cropped cigarette pants... I know it's Marc Jacobs who is at the helm of Louis Vuitton, so choosing Sofia to design a range of bags for them is a no brainer, but still, It was such a marketing move of genius to do it. Because despite all the fakes, the haze of publicity, the crazed fans, Louis Vuitton still epitomises chic. Just think of their personalised luggage - Clothing Suitcases stamped with your initials (HRY, please) and lined with a fabric/colour of your choice. Just think of that classic LV embossed leather. So who better to remind the world that really, underneath all that excessive consumption, Louis Vuitton is something of a chic powerhouse (as much as that is an oxymoron)? Sofia Coppola that's who. Because with her comes a raft of associations - indie, music, hollywood - that are not necessarily associated with Louis Vuitton, as well as an established fan base. Street Style Photographer Garance Dore, RUSSH Editor Stevie Dance, even it-girl Alexa Chung has one. For someone who was turned off Louis Vuitton after her first trip to Hong Kong, where lining the streets of Wan Chai were hawkers peddling their fake Speedies, these bags are enough to get me interested in the label again.

And if the sight of this look book is anything to go by, that ploy has worked.

X
You have read this article bags / louis vuitton / me / sofia coppola / want with the title THE bag.. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/10/the-bag.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...