shelves


As I go about thinking about re-organising my room there is one problem that springs to mind. It's not the size of my room - at about 2.5 square metres in total it is a little cosy - because size is just a state of mind. After perusing endless studio apartment inspiration websites I kind of like a small space for the innovation in space it can bring. And space isn't so bad when you don't have a lot of stuff - after years of living with clutter springing from every surface I think I might be ready to get rid of some (read: most) of it. The problem is what to do with my magazines. I have about 500 at least, all of which I want to keep. My mum can't understand why I would possibly want to keep magazines I've already read, and I guess it is a little hard to understand. Every now and then I get my old copies of magazines out to re-read, or I'll hear about a great article from an old Vogue that maybe back when I was 15 or so I didn't get, so I'll find it, and read it properly. That's why I need them. They're like books - you can always go back to them and find out more things. 

Right now I keep my magazines on an IKEA bookshelf that keeps collapsing under their weight. Too heavy. Too many. And they spill out from the bookshelf onto the floor, onto my desk, in my wardrobe. They are just taking over my room. But I can't get rid of them, I'll get rid of anything but my magazines though. I'm even thinking of finding some kind of shelf (maybe an industrial strength one??) to go along the back wall of my room where my bed currently is for my magazines. Almost like a feature wall, but full of Natalia Vodianova, Kate Moss and Gemma Ward. But I can't think of anything that will fit in the (tiny, tiny) space, and I haven't had much luck with shelves so far anyway what with all the collapsing and the falling apart.

Or maybe something like this:


Anyone got ideas about how to store magazines?

X
You have read this article apartment / houses / magazines / me / pictures with the title shelves. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/10/shelves.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...