genie


There's a part of me that finds this kind of look the most seductive. A man's shirt, oversized and bunched up around the wrists. A pair of jeans, straight leg - not slim, not skinny, not tapered - just cuffed at the bottom and slightly washed out. A bun piled up on the top of your head. The similar colours seem to blend together until it's a blur of washed out, worn in blue. But look closer, there are little details that make this. The initials stitched where the pocket should be. The whispy bits that come out of her hairdo. The perfect, perfect creases across the front of the jean leg. It's genius in its simplicity. Perfect in the way that you would never notice. It reminds me of Sienna Miller's costume in Alfie. You know, Jude Law's pink shirt that looked impossibly big on her, those golden bangs hanging down around her face, a streak of blue on the wall behind her. I don't care what anyone says, I still think Sienna Miller is so, so beautiful. I think part of her appeal is how comfortable she is in her own skin. Just like this model she wears the clothes so easily, so simply. I wonder if I could look this good in something that is so simple. I would want to complicate things with a jacket, or strappy shoes. When really all you need are little tan ballet flats, and a thin, delicate gold bangle. That's it. I think I need a pair of jeans - particularly a pair that doesn't have a rip up the crotch. hmmppph.

X
You have read this article denim / fashion / france / paris / photos / pictures / street style / street-style / style with the title genie. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/08/genie.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...