the solution


Isabel Marant scarf, bassike oversized tee shirt, decjuba sweater, pants from my mum's cupboard that I have now stolen, apc sandals (barely in there, but you get the idea!), benah kodi cuff. The last picture was somewhat wishful thinking, before I plaited my hair and put on a jumper, the sun streaming through the window made me think that a tee shirt alone would be okay.

Dressing for a Sydney winter requires a phD, and a manual the size of a phonebook. The tricky early morning starts will fool you into coats and boots, but the middle of the days requires little more than bare legs and a big smile. As you strip layers off - only to add them a few hours later when the sun sets and you're shivering again - it can all be a bit much. I've been wearing sandals the past couple of days at uni, and when I came out of my tute at 6 on monday I thought my feet would freeze. But it seemed like a such a good idea when faced with all that sun! I've since realised that the key ingredient in this transitional, not-yet-spring weather is the shawl. I picked this one up in Paris from the Isabel Marant sale, the gorgeous Yuli scarf that Talisa and Bernadette from Decade Diary both have in white. There are, of course, more ways to tie this bad boy, with examples here. When the weather gets warmer and this scarf serves as accessory and not hero piece I'll definitely be trying them all out. But for now, I've unraveled it (with the top of the square tucked in to make a more triangular shape) and wrapped it around like a shawl. I would never have thought to wear it in this way if I hadn't seen a girl in Paris doing the exact same thing. Out at night when the temperature had dropped a little, she unwound her scarf and flung it around her shoulders, with one end draped across her body and tucked under her arm. She just sat at this bar, languidly, with this fabulous scarf wrapped around her. It was perfect summer-time lazy behaviour - "fetch me my lolly" and all. To appropriate this for winter you just have to add your favourite jumper and - if it's really cold - boots. 

Isabel Marant, solving problems one wardrobe at a time.

X
You have read this article australia / benah / clothes / clothing / isabel marant / knitwear / me / outfit / outfits / sydney / university / weather / winter with the title the solution. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/08/the-solution.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...