going to the chapel

EPA via TFS

Sofia Coppola has always reminded me of my Godmother, with whom she shares a name, and that same quirky yet classic style and petite figure and seemingly inability to age. My mum has been best friends with my godmother since they were college freshers together, and she says that she wore the same clothes then that she wears now, and she was always the coolest girl at parties in big tee shirts and straight leg jeans. Seeing pictures of Sofia Coppola's beautiful, beautiful wedding remind me of my godmother. At her wedding to her husband she wore a pantsuit, not a dress, because it was a civil ceremony and the second time her husband was getting married. She was the height of chic and looked fantastic. I know it's kind of a silly superstition thing, but I kind of like that convention, and I love that Sofia didn't go for the traditional, blowsy, puffball of a wedding gown for her wedding. We've had enough of those this year. By all accounts this was a casual, family-oriented, supremely happy day for all involved. I've been to weddings like this and, to be honest, they're the most relaxed and the most enjoyable for all involved. The sun is high in the sky when they start and well and truly set by the time people start trickling home. This truly lovely Alaia Couture dress and simple strappy sandals fits the bill perfectly. It's a dress to laugh in, and drink in, and eat cake in. And marry the man you love in.

X
You have read this article celebration / family / haute couture / italy / me / party / sofia coppola with the title going to the chapel. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/08/going-to-chapel.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...