blinding light



I kind of love how all my photos from Kate Sylvester have these blinding, bright flashes of light in them. The collection, after all, was all about light - an exploration of light and dark, of contrast, of texture. I could talk to you about the clothes, cool girl separates like leather shorts and bodysuits with pop colours mixed in and a beautiful yellow canary dress thrown in for good measure, but you'll see them eventually in her eponymous Paddington boutique. I just want to talk about the show, what it was like being there. It was chilly and foggy with a smoke machine blowing shafts of dustiness every which way. The night time setting at the old Randwick stables was eerie yet strangely beautiful. And then - my favourite song on the stereo (Just Like Honey by the Jesus and Mary Chain, a song so beautiful it would move a grown man to tears), shots of light, and flashes everywhere. Sitting directly behind the pit I got the worst of the flashes, and yet, I found it illuminating. It went quiet, the clothes sauntered by, and I captured these shots of all-encompassing lights and the almost-angelic models, beamed down from above. It was ethereal. Of course, as I heard from all my talented photographer friends, it was terrible to photograph. But my god, it was beautiful.

X
You have read this article beauty / fashion / fashion shows / photos / pictures / RAFW with the title blinding light. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/05/blinding-light.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...