real girls



Things I like - for inexplicable, unknown even to me reasons - on the internets - the way that garance's photos always have french text on them. I think it's just super cute that even on the english translation of the site she still maintains a little bit of that so frenchy, so chic-ness that she has really made her own.

One of the best things about Garance Dore is that you get the feeling that she is just like you. She loves to wear track pants, she does DIYs, she still gets giddy when she sits front row at celine (who wouldn't!), she sits her new purchases up on a table and just stares at them for hours (wait, I'm not the only person who does this!)... She's super successful but she seems to put it all down to good luck, which I think is a measure of exterme good grace and faith. We all fawn over her beautiful photos and effortless illustrations, and she's happy to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I love reading her posts because they are suffused with her ebullient energy and you can just see her bright smile as she types away. She loves to share stories and tell jokes and poke fun at the industry, all while secretly keeping her personal shopper at Bon Marche on speed dial.

I think she has the right idea about wearing haute jewellery. This beautiful emerald bracelet from chopard is just casually worn strung across the wrist with a pair of grey pants and a plain white tee shirt. Leave the glitz and glamour to Giovanna Battaglia and the theatrics and drama to Anna Dello Russo, real style for real girls is for Garance. I love how she dresses down her hero pieces - her sofia coppola for LV duffel bag, her Micahel Kors sleeveless coat, her crazy prada heels - and pairs them with simple favourites like mannish blazers, brogues and Isabel Marant sneakers. Her lovely posts on events - like the Vogue Paris masked ball - seem to show that she's most comfortable when she's being herself, which means no ball gowns, no crazy masks, no outland-ish couture, just a trench dress, a sexy bra and a big mega-watt smile. I'm the same. Not the trench dress and bra thing, not really anyway. But whenever there's a super glamorous 21st or party I want to run in the other direction. My friends kit up in all manner of amazing party frocks but I'm happiest in my tried-and-true men's tuxedo. Sometimes I don't even wear heels. Now that's a real girl.
X
You have read this article garance dore / jewelry / street style / street-style / style with the title real girls. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/05/real-girls.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...