dipped

The more I see of these pants the more I want them. Actually in truth what I want is the skirt version of these pants, but I didn't even know it existed until I saw the lovely Brenda Harvey of Benah wearing it at the Arnsdorf show on day of RAFW. It's a midi length and fantastic and something I would totally wear, but she said it was the only one that Poepke got in, and I don't like my chances of finding it. But these pants are still a bit of alright. Like the perspex frames I think they add just the right amount of cool to an outfit. They do what normal blue denim wide legs wouldn't. The dip dye effect goes that extra mile to take this an outfit that includes these jeans from cool to extraordinary. They just look so normal - as if you might have come from painting your house or doing some gardening. I'm a big fan of clothes that work effortlessly into real life. I am of the opinion that fashion should never be laboured. You can wear whatever you want as long as you are comfortable and happy in it. That includes both couture and track pants - I loved that feature with Sarah Harris in Vogue UK a couple of years ago now where she wore couture every day of the week. She picked her children up from school, did the grocery shopping, walked her dog - all in couture Chanel, Givenchy, Dior, Elie Saab, Armani... And it worked. By that same token casual clothes can slot effortless into a high end wardrobe as long as you are confident and comfortable. Wearing casual clothes at all times is kind of my mantra, and I would love to pair these jeans, a la Emily Weiss, with a sloppy joe, sandals and a big jacket. Oversized sportswear with a nod to the styling at the Dries show. I'm feeling a DIY project coming on!

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / dries van noten / fashion / shopping / style / want with the title dipped. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/05/dipped.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...