of the now






A couple of backstage shots of a shoot in the new RUSSH magazine, out in stores on May 26. I may be the least denim-oriented person around, but I kind of like this whole denim poncho, black shearling and raw edges look. It's a little bit aztec/navajo, a little bit turned out double denim cool girl, a lot of the now. It's funny how you can find things that just fit so well with your now. When I first spied these pictures yesterday I was listening to my New York History lecture, the topic of which was graffiti and hip hop subcultures in New York during the 1980s. Fascinating stuff about Taki, Run DMC and the South Bronx - a side of New York that is so different from the one I remember. This seemed to fit in so well. Right now, it's all about challenging ideas, trying new things and living in the present.

X
You have read this article denim / fashion / history / New York / photos / pictures / russh / shearling with the title of the now. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/05/of-now.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...