long and lean


just jared, eyeprime, tfs

Ashley Olsen is my secret, slightly shameful style icon, but I'm not too bothered about keeping it secret if she keeps dressing like this. Sometimes she wears some absolute silliness. But most of the time she's like a walking advert for the woman you want to be when you grow up, and she's only 25! She's polished and pristine in her long layers, oversized sweaters and flat sandals. She strides around New York with purpose and conviction and she doesn't care what people think about what she wears, she just wears what she likes. I need to do more of that - I need to wear things because I love them and because they make me happy, not just because I need to, or it seems right. Lately it's been less a question of bigger and better outfits and more about keeping it simple in clothes that don't require anything of me other than a big smile. I like how Ashley Olsen sets trends (pointy toe shoes? maxi skirts? oversized sweaters? anyone??) but she seems to do it without caring or needing to do it. What's more important for her is to get the job - her job - done. Some people bemoan the loss of hipster ashley, boho ashley, old-school-the-row-tee-and-leather-skirt ashley. I don't. This new Ashley is much more exciting.

X
You have read this article ashley olsen / fashion / long skirts / New York / photos / pictures / style with the title long and lean. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/06/long-and-lean.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...