when i was a kid

 tommy ton for style.com, we the people

My mum gleefully regaled the dinner party at our house last night with tales of my childhood sartorial decisions. When I was a kid I loved overalls - so much so that I wore them to the exclusion of all else. I had a raft of crayola-coloured overalls (short, long, denim, chinos, patterned) that I wore every day, day in day out, for about 2 years. I also had a page boy hair cut and a fierce love of pokemon cards. This was around about the same time that I started to really read voraciously and there are hundreds of photos of me at this time, curled up on the couch in overalls and a hoodie, cap on backwards or lying by my side as I devoted my entire attention to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It's all very hip like Greta Villiger - my I was trendy aged 11. I've always wanted to wear overalls again now, but I've never found the perfect pair and they kind of require an Alexa Chung-esque body shape. Still, in 2 days (2 days!!) I embark off to Hong Kong and Paris, and it's worth day dreaming of languid summer days in a an overall dress with a criss cross back and a big oversized oatmeal coloured sweater and bronze limbs.

X
You have read this article alexa chung / denim / fashion / holiday / hong kong / paris / photos / pictures / RAFW / street style / street-style / summer / tommy ton / travel / trends with the title when i was a kid. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/06/when-i-was-kid.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...