best reads of april

Two new blogs I've found recently that I am head over heels with. I love finding new reads, the best kinds are the ones that make you want to scroll through the archives just to read the words and see the pictures. All of them. I may or may not have done this with these blogs. Ho hum.


LookBook Number One is a super fun little blog that celebrates Australian fashion. You all know I get a little watery-eyed and patriotic at the thought of Yasmin, Christine or Stevie. It was really cool to scroll through her archives and see lots of RUSSH covers, Harpers Bazaar love, and celebration of not only the usual suspects - Bambi, Jess and Miranda - but also Alexandra Agoston O'Connor, Vanessa Jackman and Bassike. This was my favourite - an old RUSSH feature that compared French style to Aussie style, back when RUSSH still had a touch of that amateur quality to it, and the way they wrote their pieces was like your best friend chatting over the issue with you. I only wish she posted more pictures like these! They're fantastic, and really capture some of that laidback loveliness that is Aussie style - and that I hope I manage to get across with my mincing words. 



The Flower Drum is the blog for anyone who loves fresh flowers and having a bit of a laugh. I know that Stevie would love it. I found out about it from their feature in the Sydney magazine and thought I had to see these "flower bombs". They don't disappoint - look how fantastically blowsy and fresh and inviting they are. I'm dreaming of a garden party 21st in my football field of a backyard, and wouldn't it be just so fantastic to have these strewn about my yard? I love how Holly and Mylee - the two girls who run the blog - are so friendly and vibrant and effervescent, they joke around and have a bit of fun with everything. My favourite post was a guest post by one of their sons who is very cute and bemoaned how his mother and her friend are so "flower mad" but unfortunately my computer is being weird and won't let me go through their archives and show it to you. But these pictures do just fine. And aren't her clear glasses super cool? They have prism frames that are clear like this at Belinda. Dangerously 80s.

X
You have read this article australia / blogging / flowers / me / photos / pictures / sydney / writing with the title best reads of april. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/04/best-reads-of-april.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...