mine, mine, mine


I've said before how exciting it is to see someone wearing something that you own. We're all guilty of rushing out to buy something because we've seen an idol wear it - would I love my minty wang as much as I do had Stevie not worn it so damn well? It's the irrational part of you that immediately believes that with this coat/skirt/bag/hat you will look just like them. Just as chic, as turned out, as tucked in, as fantastic. Even better than that feeling, though, is when you see someone wearing something that you already own. Because you didn't buy it because you saw them wearing it. You bought it because you loved it - so whatever it is about them that makes them so chic/turned out/tucked in/fantastic must be, even if only a tiny, little bit, a part of you too. When I saw this picture of Karen Walker's Celine bag on the Selby today I couldn't help but let a huge smile cross my face. This is one of my favourite bags - and even though mine has a canvas pocket and red leather, I think it is just as wonderful. It makes every outfit so chic, and is the perfect accessory to a simple look. I'm so glad that I bought it and that I stuck to my guns. Someone else wanted it, and my friend practically fought her to get it. It's delicate yet practical and totally me. Seeing this picture makes me so happy and reminds me that, despite everything, despite all the talk about the nihilism of shopping, the perfect, perfect purchase is quite often the most heart-warming thing.

X
You have read this article bags / celine / photos / pictures / the selby with the title mine, mine, mine. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/04/mine-mine-mine.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...