must you go?



I am loving today. It is one of those classic Sydney Autumn days that makes you proud to be Australian - the sun comes up like it hasn't in so long and bathes you in golden light. Surprisingly for Good Friday all the best cafes are open, and I had a wonderful breakfast this morning with an old and beloved friend at Deli Bottega in Bondi Beach, a perfect coffee and wonderful mushy avocado and mushrooms on toast. Today is the first official day of my uni holidays, so I'm relishing doing things that I haven't been able to do in a little while. I can sit down with a cup of tea and a hot cross bun and read. Right now I'm finally, finally getting around to Must You Go, Antonia Fraser's memoirs of her life with her husband playwright Harold Pinter. It is a beautiful love story, and I am loving every sentence. Peppered throughout the book are slices of Pinter's poetry, haikus written on the corner of restaurant napkins and slipped under pillows in the morning. This is my favourite one. 

"What did we hear? 
It was the breath we took when we first met.
Listen. It is here." 

X
You have read this article australia / books / food / holiday / me / poetry / sydney with the title must you go?. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/04/must-you-go.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...