summer loving

kanon vodka

Whenever the weather turns foul I always sit down and watch the Day After Tomorrow, rugged up in my warmest winter woollies as if I, too, was settling in for a second ice age. Today there was some crazy weather - torrential downpour and storm and chilly breezes. Watching this movie with a big bowl of soup I like to fancy myself Emmy Rossum to Jake Gyllenhaal, waiting on Dennis Quaid to come rescue to me. At least there's the promise of summer - palm trees, bare skin and blinding light - at the end of it all. The last time I watched this movie was in New York on the first day of fashion week. It was February and my friend and I had been caught in the middle of a blizzard that grounded planes (including the one carrying the samples for MK&A's The Row fashion show), closed the subway and almost froze my arms off in my decidedly unpractical sleeveless coat (serves me right). When we finally got home to her Brooklyn apartment after a day trudging through snow trying to get to fashion shows we shrugged off all our wet and freezing clothes, rugged up in all manner of sweatshirts and track pants and snuggled into the couch to watch a movie that sort of summed up how we had spent the better part of the day battling against crazy snowfall so thick we couldn't see our own hands in front of our faces. I mean, sure, it wasn't quite as bad as the film. But I like to think I lasted through my own ice age that day.

X

ps. this is what it was like that day. lucky the tents at NYFW (used to be) at bryant park in front of the new york public library, just in case we needed shelter a la jake et al in the day after tomorrow. ho hum!
You have read this article cold / films / movies / summer / weather / winter with the title summer loving. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/04/summer-loving.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...