marni mania


Back in 08 when this blog was just a wee little thing I was knee deep in a sartorial phase that i now term "marni mania". I was obsessed with all things bright, colourful, structured and essentially marni-style silhouettes - boxy tops, big circle skirts, bright patterns and clunky jewellery. It came on literally out of nowhere and resulted in a lot of outfits that were essentially big tunics belted in over long skirts in contrasting, clashing patterns, heavy sandals and the piece de resistance - my marni bag purchased on sale in Hong Kong for a song. I have to say that I have truly graduated from marni mania. I still love the marni style, but kookiness and quirky eccentricity just isn't me anymore - such as I know "me" to be. Still, seeing these pictures of the Belinda and Vogue Australia lunch with Marni ambassador Carolina Castiglioni (daughter of my old style icon Consuelo Castiglioni, Marni creative director) makes me just a little bit nostalgic for the heyday of my Milanese wardrobe. Well, that and what looks like a glorious lunch with a beautiful table setting. If there's one thing I love more than clothes it is a very good lunch or dinner party - great food executed to perfection. Charming!

X
You have read this article celebration / food / marni / party / vogue australia with the title marni mania. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/04/marni-mania.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...