worn to bits


I take reasonably good care of my clothes, but I have to say, I have gotten rather blase about them getting ruined of late. I scratched my Celine bag 3 days into owning it and my friend got red lipstick on my shearling vest that will not come out. I guess it comes down to the bottom line, which is that if you love something you should wear it, no matter what happens to it. The scratches, the rips, the tears, the marks - they are all signs of being loved and being worn, which, in the end, is what clothes are all about, right? I think that the best look for shoes is the lived in look. I love it when the leather gets all soft and marked - and your feet have left grooves in the soles because you wear them so much. I love it when my suede ankle boots crease right in the middle where my foot normally bends as I walk, and I love that my k.jacques sandals perfectly fit my feet that they slip on without any restriction or difficulty. More so than bags and clothes and other accesories, shoes get the most wear and tear. I have completely ruined ballet flats - in fact I still wear some of mine that I love even though they have holes in them, which is quite naughty really. But I can't help it. Just like my favourite pair of Levis 501s, I love them too much to get rid of them. And I can't think of anything better, really, than truly loving your clothes. It means that you're happy when you wear them.

X
You have read this article garance dore / love / photos / pictures / shoes / wardrobe with the title worn to bits. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/04/worn-to-bits.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...