itty bitty



My friend Talisa's 21st birthday was like an "amazing bags" convention. There was a Celine Cabas tote, a Balenciaga, (admittedly my own Celine was present too), and then there were a couple of these babies. Beautiful, Benah Kodi bags in an array of fantastic colours and skins - suede, leather or canvas with a leather trim. How fantastic are they? They kind of look like the Celine box bag (that Oh! I adore one), but, and here's the rub, a little bit cooler. I love Celine, I really do. You all know that. I don't need to repeat it. But I do sometimes worry if maybe I'm not quite chic enough for it. I'm still really grungy and young, and my hair is messy and out of control, and the hem of my skirt falls down and the leather on my shoes is wearing through. I'm not quite the sleek city slicker marching to court/meetings/school run in wide leg pants and a crisp, starch, not-a-single-mark-so-help-me-god white shirt. Celine for me is aspirational. I'm going to try and try and try until I get to that point. But for now, I'd like to settle for one of these little bags, the perfect compromise between minimal lines and utilitarian chic. I like that it could work equally as well with a tuxedo le smoking or a shearling vest and charcoal sweatshirt, or my personal favourite go to outfit. And, don't even get me started on that gold buckle. It's a masterpiece, really, brushed and bold and brassy and a spectacular opposition to the rich colours of the reds, olives and blacks of the bags. So good that Benah made it into a cuff. Fantastic. Just another thing to want.

X
You have read this article bags / benah / celine / fashion / me / shopping / style / the corner shop / want with the title itty bitty. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/itty-bitty.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...