toppers

style me romy, facehunter, tommy ton for style.com

I really, really want a hat. I first thought this in London, when all I saw were chic girls running around with felt hats in beautiful buttery neutrals and grosgrain ribbon ties. They looked like runaways from a safari, or an archeological dig - or maybe the girlfriends of archeologists, who had nicked their pith helmet so they could hit the town. I suppose it's a relic of being a good, private schoolgirl in sydney where hats were compulsory (I still repeat the phrase "no hat no play" with monotone indifference whenever school is bought up) which is the reason why I don't own any hats. Not one. Because at school we were made to wear them all the time. Going to and from, at recess and lunch, on the fields, at sport. It's Australia and it's really sunny and it's important. But after school I was all - rebel! stick it to the man! - and defiantly did not wear a hat whilst on beach-side holidays and the like. 

But I'm not fresh out of school anymore. If Uni going back has shown me anything, it's that I'm old hat (har har, see what i did there!) now. I'm a 3rd year - A 3rd year! do any of you remember when I posted on this blog advice for what course I should do? can you believe that was more than 2 years ago now? - and it doesn't really matter about school anymore. And now I don't care about all that stuff, I really want to wear hats again. Not any hat, mind. I want one that is stiff, that can sit on the back of your head so the brim points up, that is felty and with a grosgrain ribbon, that has a slight curve at the end of the brim, that has a beautiful, rounded shape on the head, that comes in a rich camel colour or even maybe a mossy green like Stella McCartney's hat that Style Me Romy has. And you know what the funny, roundabout thing is? These descriptions (aside from the colour one) sound exactly like my old school hat. What's going on there, eh?

X
You have read this article australia / fashion / hats / me / photos / pictures / school / street-style / style / tommy ton / university with the title toppers. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/toppers.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...