Miss B



It was such fun to come home to a lovely little package today containing the new lookbook for the Corner Shop. They only print 300 copies, and each of them are filled with fantastic illustrations by Hannah Witte and Maria Kim Mai of the new designs coming into the Corner Shop for autumn and winter 2011. Think kooky Marni edition, rugged Carly Hunter, playful Carven and chicer-than-thou Rachel Comey. I love the corner shop. I still remember wandering in there, quite by accident on my way home from school, and being completely in awe to this cool, hip haven of style. I was into marc by marc in a big way then (who wasn't, aged 14?) and couldn't get over how much this fun, colourful, 'funky' (oh god I hate that word) this store was. They have since opened another store in the Strand Arcade CBD, but I'm not going to lie the paddington store is still the one for me. If only because I can pop into Just Williams and get some chocolate covered snakes - still my favourite treat of choice - on my way. This season the Corner Shop have some really amazing things, from carly hunter shearling delights to decidedly un-wintry patterns to brighten up your day, to the sheer hipness of prism sunglasses and optics, to the classic, minimal stylings of brenda harvey's accessories label Benah. Their lookbook captures everything that is so great about the Corner Shop - being young, fun and very, very cool. Which I'm not at all, but after visiting there, I could be. And to top if all off, the design and retouching were done by my friend Rohan. You can't get cooler than that, right? 

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / friends / me / paddington / shopping / the corner shop / winter with the title Miss B. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/miss-b.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...