my kind of girl

coolspotters via gone with the fashion

I've never been the world's biggest Kate Bosworth fan. I mean, sure, she's gorgeous, and she's redefines the word "fashion plate", but she doesn't really do much, right? When was her last movie? When was her last good movie? 21 was okay, but then are we going to sit here and compare it to, say, wall street 2? I mean, she's no Carey Mulligan, that's for sure. But what I've realised when it comes to celebrities is that, really, it doesn't matter one bit. Because if I see just one shot like this - one inspiring, exciting, completely rejuvenating shot like this - then I'll sing Kate Bosworth's praises for the whole world to see. I'm a film buff, but I can recognise good style when I see it, too.

Let's dissect. What is so good about this simple, simple outfit? Firstly it's the colour combinations. I'm still wary of bright colours and have been sticking to injecting a bit of neon into my look with lipsticks alone (NARS schiap and red square are my favourites). But Kate shows how you can mix and match neutrals and neons to spectacular effect. The midi skirt with the slit is exactly the kind of thing I like to wear - not quite maxi, but still long, different and unique. In the bright colour it takes what is a tricky fashion item to a whole new level. But paired with the simple, slouchy sweater and those well-worn in IM boots (oh, when will you be mine!), that bright is suddenly rendered a whole lot less challenging. As long as you keep the rest relatively simple, you can let the skirt take centre stage. Sling a messenger bag across your back and add some slightly winged sunglasses. The whole thing has a touch of effortlessness that I've never really associated with Bosworth before. I mean, yes, she is undoubtedly well dressed. But a lot of the time I find what she wears contrived. I guess I need to apply myself and look for more street style. Because if it is anything like this, it might be the rejuvenating kick my wardrobe needs.

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / fashion / isabel marant / kate bosworth / me / pictures / street style / style / wardrobe with the title my kind of girl. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-kind-of-girl.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...