being blunt

yvan rodic

I have really long hair. I haven't always - I used to have a short little bob - but short hair is something I would prefer to leave in what I now refer to as my bad-hair-years (aged 16-18). For now, at least, I'm a devotee of the long and luscious locks kind of look, no matter how many shots of Taylor Tomasi's chic mid-length chop I see. Right now I love my hair, it's my best feature. It's perfectly balayaged so that bits of blonde poke out from darker strands, and the length is divine. My only issue - it has loads of layers. It's not choppy, but it's tousled and messy and it can never be super sleek. That's when I started thinking about getting a cut with blunt ends. Maya thinks it's cool. And my hair being my hair it won't be poker straight unless I iron it to death, so it would be wavy and tousled and fun most of the time and then, when I wanted to be a little bit more dressy, it could be totally chic. I'm just finding that with more and more 21sts and dressy events to attend my wavy, messy, fresh-out-of-bed hair is letting me down. I love it and it's very cool, but sometimes - just sometimes - I want it to be a little bit more grown up. But here's my issue. Will blunt ends work on long hair? I definitely want to keep the length, there's no way I would chop it short (just yet). So are layers important with long (long) hair to keep it balanced, or can you go totally blunt?

X
You have read this article hair / me with the title being blunt. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/being-blunt.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...