Tiffany Locks

"What I found does the most good is just to get into a taxi and go to Tiffany's. It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name."

Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's



On Thursday I had a fantastic time at Tiffany and Co, previewing their new Tiffany Locks collection at a private viewing set up especially for bloggers. It was a wonderful idea, and allowed me to really have a play with the new pieces in this collection. And I was given this gorgeous lock pendant that I haven't taken off since. It's fantastically classic and minimal, with the hint of rose gold that just makes it so exciting and modern. I love the clash of metals - my jorday askill pendant does the same rose gold/silver mix - and I love the length of the chain and how the pendant is so circular. It's the perfect start on my new jewellery collection that will see more necklaces and pendants, rather than my old focus on bangles and bracelets. I think there is something so chic about limiting your jewellery to a couple of delicate, fine, very simple pendants, a la Ashley Olsen. Oh, and sorry for the cliche Breakfast at Tiffany's quote (but it's the book, not the movie, so that's at least a couple of extra points, right?). But in a way, that is Tiffany's, isn't it? That blue box can take your cares away. You could have a bag stuffed full of uni books and a big weekend of essay writing ahead of you, but that colour can put a smile right on your face. And a new piece of jewellery doesn't hurt, either! Thanks Tiffany's, for such a fun afternoon.

X
You have read this article blogging / books / breakfast / jewelry / me / necklaces with the title Tiffany Locks. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/tiffany-locks.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...